I personally have a love/hate relationship with technology.
I love technology because:
- I’ve met some amazing people, who I wouldn’t have met otherwise. A special shout out to Bindu, Tony and Susan!
- I can workout where ever I want. Since I’ve been spending a lot of time over at my Mom’s, it’s wonderful that all I need is my laptop and my exercise DVDs. It’s like going a a mini-vacation when I workout in a different place.
- It engages my brain. I love learning new things. My next project is a smart phone.
I hate technology because:
- I personally thinks it isolates people. Everwhere I look, people are slouched down, eyes glued to their phones. This includes people driving (who usually end up driving through red lights because they’re so focused on their stupid phones.)
- It discourages reality. Why bother meeting someone in person, if you can be Facebook friends and trade status updates?
- We’ve become a nation of lazy people. How many hours do folks spend on the computer, on their phones instead of getting up and moving!
What about you? Do you love technology or do you hate it?
Photo is courtesy of Stra Lobo’s Flickr Photostream, under Creative Commons Licensing.